This is a brief, enjoyable proofreading workshop for people who don’t write for a living.
Learn to spot the little mistakes, typos and grammar errors that are making you look less professional in this workshop. We will teach you a few simple techniques that make proofreading faster and more accurate, focusing mainly on spotting and correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
You won’t find yourself sat around listening to a lecture on grammar – instead, you’ll be identifying areas you have trouble with and working on them through exercises and games. You will leave the course with useful templates and worksheets, so you benefit from your new skills immediately.
– Techniques that ensure you find errors efficiently
– A yawn-free grammar-skills upgrade
– How to use punctuation correctly
– The most common spelling and grammatical? errors
– What to do when you aren’t sure
If you’re looking for detail, here’s some stuff we’ll cover
– Subject-verb agreement
– Quotation marks and parentheses
– Apostrophes simplified forever
– Commas, colons, semicolons, dashes and hyphens
– Abbreviations and acronyms
– Common crimes – misusing words
– Capitalisation, acronyms, abbreviations
What to expect
This is an intensive and fun proofreading workshop, limited to eight people. Alongside the practical experience, you’ll also get a proofreading guide and worksheets.
Who should attend?
– Anybody that writes and publishes or sends anything at work
– PR and marketing professionals
– Content marketers
– Designers and art editors
– App developers