The Effective Account Manager
Manage your team members and clients better and increase your productivity by joining the UK’s longest-running PR account management course.
Book your place
You’ve got new responsibilities without the luxury of giving up your old jobs. On top of doing regular account work, you’ve got to manage other people’s work and make sure it’s done well. We’ve got your back.
During this one-day workshop, you will focus on managing the three most important aspects of your job successfully - people (including yourself), clients and workload - to develop sound management habits.
Our PR account manager course has been developed and updated by experienced agency managers and owners over more than thirty years.
- Set meaningful and achievable objectives
- Delegate successfully - there’s a process
- Motivate people and get your team to achieve goals
- Manage performance - good and bad
- Manage everybody’s time well
- Manage your communication
Manage your accounts and workload
- Divide campaign plans into organised chunks of work
- Set and manage realistic deadlines
- Manage productivity and over-servicing
- Monitor and improve quality
- Balance the team’s workload
- Learn some project management tricks
Manage your clients
- Build productive relationships with clients
- Spot opportunities for account growth
- Say ‘no’ well - it’s a skill when you’ve got paying clients
- Manage and report progress
- Learn some consulting skills to improve your service
The learning experience
Your day will focus mainly on people management skills, with various exercises and activities that help you work out your management style and learn from others. Expect an exciting and fun day with up to seven others.
Who the course is for
- PR account managers with up to two years’ experience
- Senior account executives looking for promotion
- Account managers in related industries e.g. content marketing
- Comms managers serving internal departments
You’ll find it particularly valuable if you have been promoted recently.
After the course
You’ll receive a certificate, notes from the course, something to present to your colleagues and a check-in from our learning director to make sure you remember the most important points.
Private courses for your company
How about getting your account managers together for a tailored course that will boost your agency’s productivity instantly? Call us to find out how we do this for agencies of all sizes: 020 7164 6405.
You may be pleased to hear that I have been promoted to Account Manager here at Mexia – I put this down to your excellent training course! Now I have to put it all into practice 🙂. So thanks again for your pearls of wisdom.
Imogen Eaton, Mexia