Improve your Presentation Skills - Basics
Be engaging. Be more confident. Become an effective presenter. Learn simple techniques that will improve your presentation skills. We'll coach you in a supportive environment with a group that's small enough for you to practise often and improve quickly.
Whether you're presenting to a crowd of strangers or to a small group of colleagues, this course will improve your presentation style rapidly. You'll learn how to plan a good presentation then deliver confidently while holding your audience's attention.
Still using slides as prompts? We'll show you a better way to do things. The one day course involves presenting to the class several times, group work, planning, storytelling techniques, games and coaching.
Speaking to an Audience
- Controlling your nerves
- Improving your body language
- Projecting your voice well
- Staying in control of the presentation
- Handling questions and answers
Telling stories to engage people
- How to turn any material into a story
- Creating metaphors and analogies
- Staying on point and message
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Interacting with the audience
- Using simple visual aids
Planning and structure
- Planning solid beginnings and ends
- Using 'signposts' for a logical structure
- Understanding the audience's needs
- Working with scripts and prompts