Improve your Management Skills
Develop your people management skills - from good communication with your team to resolving conflicts.
Learn to manage and motivate your team into good performance. You’ll look at how to influence behaviour, delegate work and empower people, so you’re all reaching your full potential.
What you will learn
Think like a boss
- Set and manage individual objectives
- Set and reach team goals
- Plan and manage your team’s development
- Maintain productivity and quality
Get stuff done
- Delegate well - pick the right tasks and people
- Empower your team
- Coach people into managing their time and workload
- Manage and evaluate performance
Make sound decisions
- Solve problems - find root causes, not just effects
- Use decision-making models
- Manage counterproductive behaviour
- Deal with personality clashes
- Manage conflict and disagreements
Communicate like a boss
- Run productive meetings
- Check-in with people without over-doing it
- Effectively communicate what you want and need
- Keep on top of your team’s activity
Look after your team
- Keep people motivated
- Be responsible for wellbeing at work
- Support people through difficult times
- Handle persistent lateness, absence, etc.
What to expect
You’ll spend the day working with a management coach and a small group of managers with varying levels of experience,
Who should attend
You’ll find this useful whether you’re a new manager or have been at it for a couple of years as it’s full of techniques you’ll be able to adapt to your working style.
After the course
You’ll receive a certificate, notes from the course, something to present to your colleagues and a two-week check-in from your trainer to make sure you remember the most important points.
Private course options
We can run this course in-house or as one-to-one sessions. Contact us to get a quote.
I have managed to utilise a lot of your advice when training junior colleagues and implementing processes to help address issues with other team members. So thank you!
Martin Gritton, Racepoint Group