Creativity for PR People
Creativity isn’t a magical talent reserved for special people – you can easily learn to be more creative and come up with better ideas.
Our one-day workshop will give you processes and tools that boost your creative abilities. The workshop is a day of fun underpinned by serious theory and proven strategies that will chance the way you work.You’ll also learn how to explain (and sell) ideas effectively.
You’ll practice creativity in a way that’s relevant to your work. There are no cringe-inducing exercises such as wearing clown noses, singing or anything weird. You will probably play with Plasticine and may find yourself designing an app or a PR stunt.
How you can be more creative
– The four step process for creating something from nothing
– How to come up with ideas quickly
– A variety of effective brainstorming techniques
– Solving problems through creativity
– Busting creative block
– Lateral thinking techniques
Going from creative idea to reality
– Setting objectives for your creative efforts
– How to write and present creative ideas
– Controlling creativity through a strategic process
– Pitching your creative idea
– How to apply creativity to marketing and PR campaigns
– Giving and receiving feedback on ideas
– Linking creative ideas to marketing and business objectives
"I highly recommend the Creativity in PR course. Henshall makes learning fun and informative and focus is tailored to be relevant to the course attendees"
Lin Armstrong Catching Waves
"I learned a lot that I can apply to my job on a day-to-day basis. It was a great way learn about how to get the most out of ideas and gave a really practical insight into the best way to work on creative tasks at the same time as other tasks. The course tutor was really engaging and motivating and really helped the group be forthcoming with their ideas, while also making sure we channelled our energy in the right direction. The venue was relaxed and the day was broken up into bitesize sections which all linked together at the end. If your role involves creativity or idea generation of any kind, I would highly recommend this course."
Becky Clarke Career Ready