Sharpen your Writing Skills
Don’t ever start with a scary blank page again. Learn professional writing techniques that will improve your writing instantly.
This course is designed to increase your general writing skills by giving you some simple processes and feedback on your existing writing. You will learn to plan, structure and write copy that gets your messages across quickly and clearly.
We keep our writing skills courses small and focused, so you get the personal attention you need, rather than disappearing in a crowd. This course has a maximum of eight delegates so you get good quality individual feedback.
Writing skills course content
- How to plan any piece of writing effectively
- The four step process: Plan > Draft > Revise > Proof
- Creating stories with effective structures
- Understanding what your readers need and want
- How to use style and tone effectively
- How to plan longer pieces
- Planning and writing blog posts
- Coming up with good ideas
- Choosing your sources of information
- Writing with clarity and brevity
- Defining and incorporating brand messages
- Persuasive writing for business
- Good grammar (simplified)
- Proofreading techniques
Various formats covered
- Case studies
- Writing for the web
- Social media posts
- Writing instructions
What to expect
A fun and practical one-day workshop, shared with no more than seven delegates and Guy. You’ll get personal feedback and help with your specific problems throughout the day.
Who should attend?
- Business people that want to improve their general writing skills
- People that write reports and other business documents
- Anybody that writes content for websites, blogs or social media
- PR, marcomms and marketing professionals
- Founders and entrepreneurs